Now, I know what you’re thinking - who wouldn’t enjoy travelling? Who doesn’t want to be exploring the world, meeting fascinating people, and seeing jaw-dropping views? And, why is that some people always seem to come back with grand stories to tell when others just mumble a list of their itinerary? It's easy to get caught up in the planning and busyness of sight seeing. Travelling can be exhausting! Here’s 5 easy ways to really experience travel when you’re on a trip.
1) Talk To People - Talk to locals and other travelers alike. We’ve learned some of the most interesting facts and had the biggest belly laughs because of taxi drivers or people we met on the bus.
2) Go With The Flow - If things don’t go as planned, don’t let it ruin your whole trip. Let things happen and enjoy how your trip unfolds. Travelling is not always as spectacular as it sounds, but there’s always a story to tell.
3) Appreciate The Little Things - Sometimes it’s the little things - a passing conversation on the bus, or a simple sunset - that really makes a trip magical.
4) Strike a Pose - Even if things aren’t going as planned, being silly in your pictures is a great way to relieve some of the tension. Pictures are lasting memories of your trips, so have fun with them!
5) Balance Preparation with Spontaneity - Being spontaneous can add a spark of fun, but it can often lead to boredom. If you have no plan, you’ll spend time wandering. It’s just as important not to over-plan. Don’t get too rigid in your plan or you’ll lose some of the wonder.